Coastella Music Festival is returning to the Kāpiti Coast on 17th February 2018. This year’s Festival features a diverse range of local and international music from energetic folk and indie rock to Japanese banjo, brass and Balkan madness, promising festival-goers an unmissable day out.
TICKETS / PRICES
Tickets are available now through Eventfinda.
Coastella (1pm – 9pm)
- Adult ticket – $90 ($75 presale)
- Family pass (2 adults & 3 Children under 13) – $200 ($180 presale)
- Children 5-12 – $20; Teen U18 – $30; Under 5s – Free (all U18s must be supervised by their own parent/legal guardian)
After Party (9pm – 11:30pm)
- After Party (R18) $10
- Return Bus Ticket from Wellington CBD – $25 (Bookings Essential)
* Tickets subject to booking & credit card fees
AFTER PARTY – R18 Only
The music and dancing will continue into the night, with the Coastella After Party which is strictly R18 and features Rhombus in Dub bringing their big rolling sound and lively stage show and Olmecha Supreme featuring New Zealandʻs champion Rap Boxer “King Home Boy” and Captain Imon Starr. Tickets for the After Party are sold separately on Eventfinda.
We will be using the cashless payment system AWOP the same as last year (that you may know from Beervana), which means fewer lines and more time lazing on the grass. All unused money is 100% refundable for up to one month after the festival.
All drinks are served in accordance with our Terms & Conditions of entry. Under our licensing laws, you may not bring in any drinks to Coastella (including bottles of water), but can bring in empty bottles and we will have water stations around the festival.
Our food vendors are all hand picked by Visa Wellington on a Plate and will feature some of the Wellington Region’s finest. We will be increasing the amount of vendors this year to meet the rising numbers and demand for a diverse range of culinary treats. You may bring packed lunches for kids into the festival, but no picnics.
This year we are working towards becoming a zero waste festival and it will be compulsory for all participating vendors to use recyclable or compostable packaging. Reusable Globelet Cups will be available for a $3 deposit and can be returned after the festival.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT & PARKING
It’s easy to get to Coastella by bus or train.
- Return bus tickets from Wellington are available whilst purchasing your ticket online for $25. Numbers are limited so get in quick! The bus stop is on Thorndon Quay, outside Pipitea Marae across the road from Freedom Furniture. Please see ticket information listed here.
- Kapiti Kruzer local shuttle buses will be on loop from Paraparaumu Railway Station to Coastella from midday to 5pm, and coming back from the Festival to Paraparaumu Station from 8pm to 12:30am (post-afterparty event). $5 CASH per person, no pickups/drop offs in between. These buses will run to a timetable and will leave promptly at the following times:
– Paraparaumu Station to Southwards: 12.15 pm; 12.45 pm; 1.15 pm; 1.45 pm; 2.15 pm; 2.45 pm; 3.15 pm; 3.45 pm; 4.15 pm; 4.45 pm
– Southwards to Paraparaumu Station: 7.50pm; 8.20pm; 8.50pm; 9.20pm; 9.50pm; 10.20pm; 10.50pm; 11.20pm; 11.50pm
- The Metlink website has timetable information for Kapiti line trains and local buses to connect with the Coastella shuttle
- Bicycles can be carried on trains free of charge, without reservations, and on a first-come, first served basis on the Kapiti Line. Look for the cycle sign on the train to work out what door to use. There will be bicycle parking at Coastella.
For those who bring their own vehicle a limited amount of parking is available near the Southward Car Museum. Parking costs $5 which will go to charity. Cash or pay wave will be accepted on the day – please have your $5 ready on arrival. We encourage car-sharing!
12:00pm – Thorndon Quay, outside Pipitea Marae across the road from Freedom Furniture
1:00pm – Arrive Coastella
Return bus times must be booked prior to event and tickets will only be valid for the travel time purchased.
9:10pm – Leave Coastella for Wellington
11:30pm – Leave Coastella for Wellington CBD (post After Party – R18 only)
If you have any questions about Coastella, please shoot us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org we’ll get back to you asap.