New Zealand’s most talked about boutique music festival Coastella returns to the stunning Kapiti Coast with an eclectic trans tasman lineup. Taking place on Saturday 23rd February, the 2019 programme will showcase a diverse range of acts, from jungle-rock-blues and slow-burning soul to psych-rock jams and up-and-coming indie pop.
SCHEDULE AND MAP
AFTER PARTY – R18 Only
The music and dancing will continue into the night, with the Coastella After Party which is strictly R18 and features the Richter City Rebels bringing their New Orleans inspired RnB, soul, hip-hop, jazz and funk. Tickets for the After Party are sold separately on iTicket.
Shake off those post Coastella blues with Coasted, an afternoon of bangin’ beats on Sunday 24th February. Presented by Radioactive.fm and Coastella, Coasted will feature music from Radioactive DJs along with a guest spot by local Kapiti hip hop group Simloco.
TICKETS / PRICES
Tickets are available from here. Hours for Coastella are 1pm – 9pm. After-party 9pm – 11:30pm. Please note, an additional ticket is required for the after-party and numbers are restricted.
- EARLYBIRD ADULT – $70.00 + BF
- EARLY BIRD ADULT FULL WEEKEND COASTELLA + AFTER-PARTY (R18) + COASTED (DAY 2) – $110.00+ BF
- EARLY BIRD FAMILY 2 Adults & 2 Youth** – $180.00+ BF
- ADULT – $80.00+ BF online ($90+BF at gate)
- ADULT FULL WEEKEND COASTELLA + AFTER-PARTY (R18) + COASTED (DAY 2) – $120.00+ BF
- COASTELLA FAMILY 2 Adults & 2 Youth** – $199.00+ BF
- STUDENT 13 – 17 years** – $35.00+ BF
- CHILD 5 – 12 years ** – $25.00+ BF
- UNDER 5** – $0.00
- AFTER-PARTY (Must have purchased a GA Ticket) – $20.00+ BF
- 9:15PM RETURN – BUS ONLY $25.00+ BF
- 11:30PM RETURN – BUS ONLY $25.00+ BF
DAY 2 COASTED DANCE PARTY TICKET:
- SUNDAY ONLY – $30.00+ BF
- UNDER 12s** – $10.00+ BF
** 17 years and under & must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
We will be using the cashless payment system AWOP the same as last year (that you may know from Beervana), which means fewer lines and more time lazing on the grass. All unused money is 100% refundable for up to one month after the festival.
All drinks are served in accordance with our Terms & Conditions of entry. Under our licensing laws, you may not bring in any drinks to Coastella (including bottles of water), but can bring in empty bottles and we will have water stations around the festival.
Our food vendors are all hand picked by Visa Wellington on a Plate and will feature some of the Wellington Region’s finest. We will be increasing the amount of vendors this year to meet the rising numbers and demand for a diverse range of culinary treats. You may bring packed lunches for kids into the festival, but no picnics.
This year we are working towards becoming a zero waste festival and it will be compulsory for all participating vendors to use recyclable or compostable packaging. Reusable Globelet Cups will be available for a $3 deposit and can be returned after the festival.
Coastella takes place in the glorious grounds of Southward Car Museum, on Otaihanga Road, Paraparaumu.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT & PARKING – COASTELLA
It’s easy to get to Coastella by bus or train.
- Return bus tickets from Wellington are available whilst purchasing your ticket online for $25. Numbers are limited so get in quick! The bus stop is on Thorndon Quay, outside Pipitea Marae across the road from Freedom Furniture. Please see ticket information listed here.
- Local shuttle buses will be on loop from Paraparaumu Railway Station to Coastella from midday to 5pm, and coming back from the Festival to Paraparaumu Station from 8pm to 12:30am (post-afterparty event). $5 CASH per person, no pickups/drop offs in between. These buses will run to a timetable and will leave promptly at the following times:
– Paraparaumu Station to Southwards: 12.15 pm; 12.45 pm; 1.15 pm; 1.45 pm; 2.15 pm; 2.45 pm; 3.15 pm; 3.45 pm; 4.15 pm; 4.45 pm
– Southwards to Paraparaumu Station: 7.50pm; 8.20pm; 8.50pm; 9.20pm; 9.50pm; 10.20pm; 10.50pm; 11.20pm; 11.50pm
- The Metlink website has timetable information for Kapiti line trains and local buses to connect with the Coastella shuttle
- Bicycles can be carried on trains free of charge, without reservations, and on a first-come, first served basis on the Kapiti Line. Look for the cycle sign on the train to work out what door to use. There will be bicycle parking at Coastella.
For those who bring their own vehicle a limited amount of parking is available near the Southward Car Museum. Parking costs $5 which will go to charity. Cash or pay wave will be accepted on the day – please have your $5 ready on arrival. We encourage car-sharing!
COASTELLA BUS INFORMATION
23 February Departing:
12:00pm – Thorndon Quay, outside Pipitea Marae across the road from Freedom Furniture
1:00pm – Arrive Coastella
Return bus times must be booked prior to event and tickets will only be valid for the travel time purchased.
9:10pm – Leave Coastella for Wellington
11:30pm – Leave Coastella for Wellington CBD (post After Party – R18 only)
PUBLIC TRANSPORT & PARKING – COASTED
On Sunday 24 February we will again have shuttle buses to help you get to COASTED.
- Local shuttle buses will be on loop from Paraparaumu Railway Station to Coastella from 11am to 2pm, and coming back from the Festival to Paraparaumu Station 4:30pm – 7pm
If you have any questions about Coastella, please shoot us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org we’ll get back to you asap.